Now that he’s trying to reinvent his career as a middleweight, former UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is able to have a new lease on life when it comes to training camps.
As a welterweight, there is little doubt training camps often were the bane of Hendricks’ existence leading up to fights. He had a history of struggling to hit 170 pounds and a reputation for bulking up well past 200 in between fights.
By Dan Gelston
BUFFALO, N.Y. – Gegard Mousasi stopped Chris Weidman by TKO in the second round of a confusing conclusion to a middleweight bout at UFC 210 on Saturday night.
Mousasi connected with two knees to the right side of Weidman’s head that stunned the former champion and led to a stoppage. Mousasi had lifted Weidman and delivered one right knee to the head, a seemingly clean blow that clearly did some damage. Mousasi’s second knee caused some of the confusion.
March 27, 2017 1:18 pm by Russell Ess
Kelvin Gastelum has the biggest fight of his life coming up against the former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.
Although it has been years since Silva has been champion, Gastelum says that Silva is the greatest of all time and was surprised that “The Spider” accepted the fight against him at UFC 212 in Rio de Janeiro.
More Articles ...
- ''Lets get it on'' for 23 years
- Georges St-Pierre faces off with Michael Bisping for the first time
- UFC 209 Free Fight: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson
- UFC 209 Free Fight: Stephen Thompson vs Rory MacDonald
- The MMA Hour: Episode 368 (w/Fedor, Rory, Bisping, Rockhold, More)
- Fedor Emelianenko Bellator 172 Open Workout Scrum
- Anderson Silva Full UFC 208 Post-Fight Press Conference
- 20 years ago today, Mark Coleman become the 1st UFC Heavyweight Champion in history
- Great rounds of boxing history: Mike Tyson v Michael Spinks, round one
- Anderson Silva on Wanting to Fight Conor McGregor: ‘I’d Like to Test Myself’