Liz - Alt Girl
My biggest idols as a teen we’re Lana Del Rey, Amy Winehouse, and Janis Joplin and I still really admire all three of them.
1. Can you tell us about your roots, about growing up?
I grew up in Foxboro, Ma in a small house with my mom, dad, and younger sister. I? went to an agricultural high school and studied urban forestry (essentially identifying trees and methods in which to prune them or cut them down). I only attended college for a semester before dropping out to work full time. I’ve been working in retail since I was 16.
2. What was your childhood / teenage dream? What did you wanna to become?
When I? was a kid I? always wanted to be an animal rescue agent and save dogs from abusive families, but as I? got older I? felt as though that job wouldn’t be a good fit for me because I’d rather see animals living a good life rather than see them abused. As a teenager I? wanted to be a singer or an actress but never really pursued it much.
3. Any idols during the teenage period?
My biggest idols as a teen we’re Lana Del Rey, Amy Winehouse, and Janis Joplin and I? still really admire all three of them.
4. When did you start with modeling? Can you recall your first photo session?
I only started modeling about a year ago and my first session I? was so nervous and awkward, I? didn’t know what to do with my hands or my face.
5. Alternative model. Do you consider yourself as an Alt model?
I would definitely consider myself an Alt model!
6. What was your first tattoo?
My first tattoo is a black raven with a red eye on my left calf, I? got it for my 18th birthday.
7. Can you tell us how much tats do you have and their meaning to you.
I have 14 pieces and certain ones have meaning. I? have a portrait of my dog on my arm and that is probably my most meaningful tattoo. Most of them are references to books or movies I? really like. I? don’t have any that I? dislike I? truly admire every one I? have.
8. Plans for next tattoo?
My next tattoo is going to be a raccoon surrounded by daisies!
9. Portraits on your legs. Who are those 2 guys?
I get this question all the time, my one on my right leg is Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit and on my left leg is Jack Torrance from The Shining.
10. Favorite lingerie for a photo session?
I have a garter belt I absolutely love to wear but usually, I feel pretty comfortable shooting in just a black bra and black thong
11. What would be your advice to young girls who would like to start alt modeling career?
Be cautious and get to know other models in the area! They can give you tips and advice. Utilize social media!
12. What kind of art, in general, do you like?
I love music, especially metal, hardcore, and punk.
13. Any hobbies?
I love makeup and doing new looks and adventuring into horror makeup and different makeup trends. At least a few nights a week I? go out to bars to see local bands and hang out with friends
14. Social media accounts so people can see your work.
My Facebook is: www.facebook.com/liz.young.scissorhands
On Instagram my name is @nihilisticandnarcissistic